20 March 2008

Compensation made

With as many as three drop catches my confidence level was very stumpy. These catches proved to be costly and the luckiest batsmen piled the runs at a hefty rate. He smashed a bowler for 33 runs in a single over and all felt that I could have held on to that catch. Finally I got an over since all others had a pitiable economic rate. I had the additional advantage because the destroyer’s stumps were by my friend Raja. That was indeed a new action and I bowled at a pace that surprised me and also my friends. I got the wicket in my third ball and the opponent team finished at a towering total of 119. It was a daunting target and the pressure creped on us right from the start of our innings. We lost our opener in the very first ball and suddenly our score indicated the loss of two wickets. I stepped down as I am the slogger with some batting skills. I began to pile on the runs from the very first ball that reached the boundary for a six right past the wicket keeper.

I haven’t hit a six behind the wicket keeper and this brought in me lot of confidence. Runs began to flow fluently and we reached a mammoth total of 44 runs in span of 4 overs. Next ball I tried to hook the delivery and got a leading edge that was caught right behind the wicket keeper. Even after the fall of my wicket my team was progressing very well until it collapsed after 8 overs. We could reach only 105 but it proved to be a good chasing.

No comments: