19 March 2008

Bad day in the field

We started the game at 8a.m in the morning. Due to early showers in the morning and heavy rain in the penultimate day the ground was slippery. The added factor was that I was very tired in the morning due to lack of sleep. We elected to bowl and it was not at all a comprehensive start by our bowlers. I sill remember the first catch that swiftly passed through my hands. I dropped it and I started praying for another chance to rectify my mistake. Next over again the ball was scooped in the air and I felt that I could resolve my mistake but it rather ended up in a blunder. I could not tolerate the consecutive misses which made me to position myself in the cover region. The very next ball there was another drop catch. This time it was quite tough but I knew that it will definitely go into the missed chances. I haven’t seen myself dropping easy chances like those offered in that day. That guy whose catch was dropped by me kept smashing our bowlers and he was instrumental in giving his team a huge total to defend. I am going through a lean patch in my fielding aspects.

No comments: