09 April 2008

My first half century

Cricket is my passion and we started playing it right from the age of 10. Initially I was zealous towards batting though at present i do admire bowling. Right from the beginning i played the role of a slogger who can bat according to the situation. It was not slogging throughout my innings since we played test cricket more often compared to the shorter version of the game. I can’t forget that day when i scored my first half century. Even i admired my innings since it was filled with blistering strokes all around the wicket. Our team opening batsmen returned to the pavilion without scoring and surprisingly i entered the arena. It was not my usual position and the first ball was a juicy full toss that deserved punishment. This fluent shot brought in me immense confidence with which i stroked many boundaries leaving my team at 80 runs in 10 overs.

That was a colossal score in that wet pitch supporting the slow outfield. We bowled brilliantly and our opponents were dismissed very cheaply. That innings will be remembered forever not only by my teammates but also by the opponents.

No comments: